Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Chapter 17: Rappers, Paper, Steel...Go!

There I was again. The one place I never wanted to come back to. I suppose this was the repetition of life.

Danny and I stood in the middle of the club. It was Thursday, and on every second Thursday of the month, a new rap battle. The atmosphere was heightened by Sho Nuffs presence. Danny was excited. I have to admit, so was I. We were on a mission to return stolen property.

"Look there's Steel" Danny pointed to the corner of the club where the tables were. Steel was amidst enemies and he didn't even know it. It looked like a rap video. Bottle service, everyone dressed like it's their fucking birthday. Sho Nuff would taunt everyone on the non-VIP side of the rope. It was clear to me he was insecure with class and divisions when in the end it was only a rope separating him and the rest of the crowd. Fuck him. If I ever got the chance I would hang him by that VIP rope. I'd put on his tombstone, RIP broke motherfucker hung by...I digress.

"Something's different about him, his eyes...they're red!?" Danny pointed. "We have to get him away from the group so I can reprogram him." There was a series of words that if said in order would reset Steel's programming back to its defaults so whatever changes Nuff's engineer made would be undone. It wasn't easy retrieving the 'series of words' either. After realizing we both didn't remember the code, Danny disappointed that he'd have to revisit his friend from the backyard, explained how he had written the code on a piece of paper but that paper was in his pocket when he was jumping the fence with the dog in tow. Just as he leapt over the fence the paper fell and the dog ate it. Let's just say returning to the rap battle was not the first half of this mission. The first half involved laxatives and patience. Danny pulled the paper out of his pocket rehearsing the code just in case he didn't have time to read it to Steel.

"So how exactly do you expect to get Steel away from them again?" And just like that...

"Any last contestants please sign in now the battle will begin shortly." We both knew this was our chance and without hesitating," rocks, paper, scissors...rocks!" Danny had scissors.


"Fuck me" Danny made his way to the back where the sign ups were. 

This just might work

No comments:

Post a Comment