I found a crowded place at the bar as far away from VIP. This could work, once Steel was disengaged I was hedging against the fact Nuff would no longer want him and leave him for scraps. Danny put his hand on my shoulder. "Finally you made it Danny, what took y-."
"Hey slim." I was frantic. Nuff stood there smiling. The cat had the mouse cornered. "Get your drink slim. I feel like we got off on the wrong foot. I don't think I ever told you anything about me, about the music game back in the day, about how I got to where I am."
I shrugged my shoulders, I just wanted him to stop talking.
"There are times everybody hits obstacles. And when you hit those, you think you know what the right thing to do is. But your brains all scrambled, up is down, left is right, you know what I'm saying?"
Please shut up. No? There's more? Please continue...
"When I hit obstacles I always asked myself one question. How. Far. Are you. Willing. To go?" Nuff paused. I didn't know whether that was rhetorical or just a threat.
"I guess so."
Nuff continued, "when I was your age, the answer for me was always-all the way. Nothing and nobody got in my way. But hey, lighten up this is a party, plus I'm an old dude." He pauses to sip from his oversized pimp cup. "But you know, sometimes habits die hard. Guess I should slow down but I feel like sometimes I'm just getting started."
Danny just showed up and froze with his eyes popping out.
"Danny, hey man, just talking to your man slim here. Just about to bring you guys over to the VIP. Tonight we gonna party, how's that sound, c'mon now grab your drinks."
We sat there on the far end of the couch. Absolutely humiliated. We just became Nuff's bitches. Cyrus and Fishlips would look over and mock us. "We're so glummm, nobody likes us, eeerrrrr." Then laugh as they threw back drinks. Steel stood in the back silent like the headlights of a car parked in the dark woods.
This is so fucking humiliating. What the fuck were we thinking. This is like prison. I'm stuck in prison on a VIP couch getting mind-fucked by a murderous old thug and his group of misfits and wasn't a damn thing I could do. If this was prison, this is me having to suck dick. The first night in prison and I'm already sucking dick. I'm a fucking jail bitch. Pretty soon I'll be taking it up the ass on the regular and when Nuff is done with me I'll get traded like a commodity for a pack of smokes. Probably never be the same, cause habits are formed they don't break....fuck this. I'm not sucking dick. Fuck that, you better kill me cause I'm not sucking dick, you dick sucking mother fuckers. I ain't spending the rest of my life as a dick sucker. Fuck this. Fuck this.
"Fuck this. I ain't sucking dick" I let it out surprising myself, but I meant it. Everyone stopped to look over.
Nuff asked, "Come again slim?"
"Fuck you, I'm not sucking dick."
"Oh yeah". As pulled a blade out but the engineer stopped him "not here playa'."
Cyrus jumped up in front of me, "what pla-" I threw a punch at him and it misfired in his neck. Fish lips, Nuff and a bunch of other goons jumped at me as the intensity exploded. Steel roared and everyone froze. He went crazy and started throwing tables, chairs, punched holes in the wall and threw one of Cyrus goons into the air when he stepped in the way. All of us were frozen. It was like watching a lion in a room full of gazelles. After that hour-long second, Fishlips jumped over to stop him "Steel! Chill man chill" as he laid his hand on Steel we couldn't believe what we were about to see.
Fishlips started convulsing. He was being electrocuted. Steel stopped as Fishlips dropped to the ground wriggling and writhing like a fish out of water. After pissing himself, he passed out and rolled off the VIP deck. Danny broke the silence, "what the fuck man? Did you just see that too?" Probably foreign voltage built up from jumping around.
Nuff leaned over and without hesitation signaled to his goons, "get this mother fucker out of here, bad for business, drop him off in front the ER, rolling stop, ya'll know the drill." Nuff turned around to the DJ to start the music, "ok slim, think you better find a more congenial place to sit tonight. And slim, guess we know the answer to that question huh?"
Danny and I ordered three shots a piece. A man next to us looked over and muttered, "ges jawns gon dun pik da fight wit da big gator, huh? Bu' yat be kay, eh jus ain't met abigga gata' yet, naw'm sayin'?...awrite, you's boys njoy ya drink."
No comments:
Post a Comment