Thursday, September 3, 2015
Chapter 3: "Ah, this fucking guy"
Bang!Bang!Bang!...kick! The door shook on its hinges. "Ah, this fucking guy" I muttered under my breath. "Open the door bitches!" Over stating his presence from the hallway. Tony. This fucking guy. We had an eclectic group of friends. And some of them appeared like unwanted scraps pulled in from a disparaging fishing net onto the deck. You were forced to deal with these types, but knew they were harmless enough and would soon find there way back into the sea. Danny walked over to open the inevitable future that was fated to us. "Bout time bitches. Where the girls at" tony said as he sprung in the room as if on official business, as if ready to deliver 4Q earnings to a board of directors that weren't there. "I thought they were with you? Did you scare them off again?". I reluctantly replied with a wittingly playful tone, knowing this would further our distance from ever leaving. "Haha yeah right never me, more like you" as he wrapped me one in my arm. He was still walking around the room unsheathing a fresh Chap Stick to rub on his lips. He was looking for all the exits because he watched too many gangster movies and without a strong enough personality of his own, adopted an alpha macho stereotypical persona. For both of these reasons we nick named him Tony fish lips. Danny was still too excited about the unraveling idea of a rap robot. He made the mistake of stepping into the net.. "we're going to make a rap robot.". Tony just finished another gloss, "yeah that's cool, I had a friend that did that.". They made a lot of money. You need money to make money.". He was full of shit, a one upper. "Obviously" I couldn't help myself, as he wrapped me another one in the arm. Fish lips could tell we were going to be boring. So he sprang up and unsheathed more chap stick on his way to the door. "I gotta go bitches...have fun with your.." and in his best robot voice as he mimed robot arms " ro-bot, I am a ro-bot, and I will now rap be-cause I am a rap robot.". Not sure why that sticks out in my mind as I tell this story, but it does. It was like personification of the challenges that lay ahead of us had ran around the room and paraded out just as fast, the moment lingering in the air. As Danny and I started out he started in on algorithms and what we would need to make it work, acknowledging the personification of challenges that I just witnessed swim back into the sea.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment