Monday, September 7, 2015

Chapter 7: Maximum capacity (Part 2)

It was too late.

Steel Raps already started on his last verse...and he was killin it. Shit, this was getting out of hand. How am I going to get him to stop before he wins the competition.

"... No respect for bitches like you, I chew through these beats like pit bulls, walking out of here, thousand dollars, fistfulls...". Although my life was threatened I couldn't help but admire my work of art. He was adapting to his surroundings quite well and if there ever a place to do it it was here, right now.

"...your boasts are utter lies, weak like cacoons and butterflies, doesn't matter how hard you try, I'm gonna make you cry plus your 10 goons..." The. crowd went nuts at this, probably all too familiar with Lord Cryus' intimidation method and uncomfortable company. The gun poked harder into my back.

The beat cut off. The crowd chanted. "Steel Raps, Steel Raps, Steel Raps..."

The beat started again, "okay 30 seconds for Lord Cyrus, let's go..." Like I said the host always had the place on the edge of chaos.

"Yo...yo...yo..." Lord Cyus was hesitating. "Yo what I'm saying... Yall ... Stop playing... Yo yo I never get guap...uh I mean I always get guap... You're ...fuck..." He choked. Never ever choke. The crowd shut it down. There was 20 seconds left on the clock but it didn't matter. It was over. Steel Raps won. The audience rushed the stage. The place crossed that edge and became chaotic. I was pulled to the back exit as everyone else moved forward. I lost eye contact with Steel Raps. He was on his own.

No comments:

Post a Comment