Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Chapter 8: Maximum capacity (Part 3)

I remembered swimming in the ocean on a family trip to the beach when I was young. I had swam out just past the breakers. I would hit a cold spot and suddenly realize how far away from shore I was and really felt fear for the first time in my life. I would panic and my limbs would freeze up unable to carry me back. But, my mind would refocus. I'd pull myself together and swim back to the warm beach where my family was sitting.

I hit another cold spot.

"...instructions is real fuckin' simple, the only people who don't listen to instructions is dead motherfuckers...". He must of been talking to me the whole time but I was just able to tune in what he was saying now.

We fell into the back alley of the club. It was hard to believe this was right outside the same place where I felt the warm glow of green lasers and the ambiance of a thousand conversations happening at once. It was cold and even though it hadn't rained in days there was water dripping somewhere. There was Danny, pushed up to the side on the brick wall with about 4 goons surrounding him. He didn't look good. His clothes were torn and his face beat to hell.

Somebody was walking up the alley whose face had not yet submerged  under the grotesque lighting of the one spolight outside the back door. There must of been someone with him because he was whispering and he had not yet let made his presence known.

Lord Cyrus stepped forward, "you motherfuckers fucked up," I was more and more enlightened by the vocabulary every time these fuckers spoke, "I don't ever want to see you motherfuckers around here. This is my town. I run shit around here. You take yourselves and that piece of junk 'steel raps' with you. I better not catch any of you back here again." He waived his hand for his goon squad to move. Danny and I each of us got another kick in our stomachs as a going away present I suppose. And what did he mean by 'junk' did he know about our project? Who was that with him when they were walking up?

"Danny, you...you alright man?"

"Oh never better. Besides its cozy out here." Danny still had his sense of humor. "Did Steel Raps win?" I nodded, He smiled. "Well, I suppose we should get going before they start charging us rent here."

We both stumbled to get up and dragged our asses out the alley. I felt accomplished. Our project was a success despite it all. It was time to regroup at the apartment and sleep this night off. i would search for Steel Raps in the morning.



No comments:

Post a Comment