I suppose I should start from the beginning.
It all started quite innocently actually. My old friend from college was
visiting and we were having a few drinks. Danny was a linguistics major that
roomed with me through sophomore year. I was still an undergrad in the robotics
field at the time still deciding if the major was for me. We were watching
music videos before heading out for a club. "Look at how these rappers
look nowadays." Danny exclaimed. "They could all be professional body
builders, they're just too perfect, where's their flaws?" I glanced over
at what he was looking at, it was Flo Rida. "What, you don't like this
song?" Danny paused, "it's not that I don't like this song, it just
seems too setup, too designed. It makes me feel like a robot just listening to it."
I was half chuckling but I could tell he was getting annoyed, "why don't
you build your own robot and stop complaining already." Danny's head
stopped moving. Uh oh he's thinking. Danny often had these crazy brainstorms
that would consume him for months before he would finally give up on them. At
one point I had to stop talking to him for a whole month. "Let's build a
robot!" Danny's eyes were widening. I could already tell this idea was
going to take forever for him to get over. "Let's build a rap robot. Let's
create the obvious next step. Think about it. Our lives will be made if it were
a success. Come on..." I raised my eyebrow like 'come on' was going to
clinch the deal for me. "You know what happened last time." I
reminded him. "But that was different, we didn't know what we're doing at
that point." Danny retorted. We had built a rocket that ended up hitting a
weather balloon and was all over the news. "I'll think about it."
Trying to appease Danny. "Now let's go before the club closes on us."
I picked up the remote and before I turned the tv off I found myself wondering
as I watched the final seconds of the video, it just might be possible.
No comments:
Post a Comment